Investing in the Future
By investing in training and education opportunities, technological advances, and community partnerships, AV Group NB is driving New Brunswick forward.
At a Glance
- FOREST STEWARDSHIP COUNCIL® (FSC)® FOREST MANAGEMENT STANDARD CERTIFIED
- SUSTAINABLE FORESTRY INITIATIVE ® STANDARD CERTIFIED
- ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM CERTIFIED
- PUBLICLY RELEASED SUSTAINABILITY REPORTS
- IMPLEMENTATION OF PROGRESSIVE AND RESPONSIBLE FIBRE SOURCING AND FOREST MANAGEMENT POLICIES
- PARTNERSHIP WITH DUCKS UNLIMITED CANADA TO ENSURE LOCAL WETLANDS ARE PROTECTED, AND THE PUBLIC IS EDUCATED ABOUT THE VALUE OF LAND STEWARDSHIP
Investment & Innovation
AV Group NB leads by example in managing two Crown land licenses in New Brunswick. We work with the Department of Energy and Resource Development to meet Management plan objectives such as social, environmental, biological, water quality, and wildlife habitat which are set out by the Crown.
The forests we manage are economic drivers for the local and provincial economy, supplying renewable products to 33 different users ranging from high quality hardwood veneer and pine Logs to low grade pulpwood products for the pulp and paper mills in the province. AV Group Woodlands operations is part of a supply chain which directly and indirectly employs 1,200 people from New Brunswick in our rural communities.
AV Group NB is committed to be the global leader in dissolving grade pulp production by adhering to the highest standards of safety, quality, and sustainability.
Ducks Unlimited Partnership
We’re proud to partner with Ducks Unlimited Canada to help protect wetlands throughout New Brunswick. These areas provide critical habitat for millions of migrating waterfowl.
- AV Group NB hosts 7 DUC wetland projects
- Encompasses 3,500 Acres Protected Land