AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock, New Brunswick. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group’s textile industry. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the “top companies for leaders” study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position: Fibreline Superintendent – Fibreline Department
Working in the pulp mill environment and reporting to the Fiberline Manager, the Fibreline Superintendent will oversee the Stock Prep, Pulp Machine and Ware Housing Areas of the mill and support digesting and bleaching areas were necessary. Working closely with the production, quality and logistic teams, the Fibreline Superintendent shall insure that the department is operated and maintained to the highest standard. The Fibreline Superintendent will insure that all health & safety, environment, cost and human resources objectives are met in compliance with our corporate principles and guidelines, as well as applicable legislation.
- Ensure that operation’s activities meet or exceed established mill standards
- Ensure the fiberline activities meet or exceed established mill standards
- Ensure the pulp dryer equipment and consumables are maintained to established standards
- Ensure effective utilization of the operation’s workforce
- Manage pulp dryer crew training program
- Participate in the annual budget process and control costs in the department
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities in the department
- Ensure continuous improvement towards current best practices
- Lead root cause analysis of issues and their elimination in area of responsibility
- Comply with Health & Safety and environment standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education. Preference will be given to those with a Science, Chemical Engineering or Technical background
- Proven track record in a Kraft Mill and or Pulp industry with 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Previous Bleach Plant, Pulp Dryer and Digester experience would be considered an asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment considered an asset
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources Department before June 8th 2018.
Attention: Human Resources Department
Mailing Address: 103 Pinder Road, Nackawic, NB, E6G 1W4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.