AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock, New Brunswick. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group’s textile industry. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the “top companies for leaders” study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position: E&I Technician – Electrical & Instrumentation Department
This individual will be working closely with the Operations group to support day to day operations. Reporting to the E&I Supervisor, the E&I Technician will be responsible for the following:
- Routine daily Electrical and Instrument work;
- Complete shift log of daily activities;
- Work closely with operations group to support day to day operations;
- Complete Preventative maintenance checks and WO’s as assigned;
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment;
- Recommends improvements to procedure, standards and practices, as part of our continuous improvement;
- Shift work may be required;
- Overtime required as needed;
- Working at heights and confined spaces.
- Journeyperson status in Industrial Electrical and Instrumentation Technician;
- Instrumentation skills to be able to troubleshoot and repair mill instrumentation equipment;
- Knowledge of electrical controls, MCC’s and power distribution equipment;
- Knowledge of VFD’s, PLC and DCS systems;
- Adequate knowledge of mill operations;
- Adequate knowledge of CMS Work order systems, Inventory system;
- A minimum of two years post-secondary education. Must hold a valid Journeyman license as an Industrial Instrumentation Tech and /or Journeyman Industrial Electrician;
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources Department before May 1st 2018:
Attention: Human Resources Department
Mailing Address: 103 Pinder Road, Nackawic, NB, E6G 1W4
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.