AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock, New Brunswick. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group’s textile industry. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the “top companies for leaders” study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position: Safety & Environmental Coordinator
This position involves 80% Safety Management and 20% Environmental Management.
Reporting to the Environment & Safety Manager, the Safety & Environmental Coordinator will be responsible for working collaboratively with mill forces to develop, implement and promote safety and environmental best practices, programs and policies in accordance with regulations, legislation and corporate standards. This position requires technical leadership to ensure the mill operates in compliance while targeting “Zero Incidents”. The ideal candidate requires well-established organizational skills, a high level of motivation and energy, excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Supervision of Fire Services
- Support the development and implementation of the mill’s Safety and Environmental Management System
- Minimize hazards by upholding principles in training, auditing and reporting
- Conduct Accident/Incident Investigations
- Liaison person for WorkSafeNB and NB Department of Environment
- Resource person for the Emergency Response Plan
- Bachelor degree from a recognized institution
- Experience in an industrialized plant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Skills considered an asset: Knowledge of Fire Services, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, Emergency Measures and pulpmill experience.
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources Department before September 4th 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.